Sunday, October 30, 2011

Decadent Stuffed Mushrooms

I love this time of year! Cooler weather always gets me in the mood for the holidays. Tonight, I made my mom's decadent stuffed mushrooms, except I replaced the shrimp, crab, and butter with olive oil and spinach.



Ingredients:
15 large whole white mushrooms, brush dirt off and remove stems
olive oil
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
mushroom stems, chopped fine
2 cloves minced garlic
3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
salt and black pepper to taste
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese)
1/3 c. Panko bread crumbs (Look at the ingredients and choose one without hydrogenated oils or make your own bread crumbs)
a dash of Tony Chachere's creole seasoning or red pepper
dry white wine (I use Chardonnay) & more olive oil

Directions:
Drizzle olive oil in skillet on low heat, add mushroom stems and saute for 5 min. Add onions and garlic and saute a couple more minutes. Add spinach, salt, and peppers. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove skillet from heat and stir in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Overstuff mushrooms with the mixture. Mix equal parts of white wine and olive oil (about a half cup of each). Drizzle on top of stuffed mushrooms and bake in oven 20 min. at 350º.

1 comment:

  1. To me there is also just something decadent about stuffed mushrooms, thanks so much for sharing your mom's recipe and I look forward to trying.

    ReplyDelete