Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pineapple Salsa

Tomato salsa on organic tortilla chips is still my favorite snack, but this pineapple salsa (adapted from Cooking Light magazine) is a refreshing change.

Combine the following ingredients:

1 fresh pineapple chopped (I sliced and grilled the pineapple first, but you don't have to grill it for this salsa)
about 1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
1 T fresh lime juice
1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper
1/4 tsp. cumin

Serve on organic chips.

1 comment:

  1. This looks perfect with some grilled porkchops too, cant wait to try it!I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this pineapple widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about pineapple recipes,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete